Protect Yourself from Identity Theft
Monday Dec 10th, 2018Share
Anyone can be the target of identity theft. To safeguard your money and your credit rating, take these common-sense precautions:
· Access, print and carefully examine your credit report at least once per year.
· Never give out personal information via phone or email to people you don’t know.
· Do your homework on how online sites like PayPal and eBay work before you use them.
· Be skeptical of “business” emails with incorrect grammar and spelling errors.
· Don’t cash or deposit checks from people or businesses you don’t know.
· Monitor your credit card and bank accounts even if you don’t use them very often.
· Make this your mantra: If an offer seems too good to be true, it is.
· If you do become an identity theft victim, cancel your credit cards, call your bank or financial institution, and file a police report.